[Nut-upsuser] Ellipse 750 USBS auto shutdown and NUT.

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Sep 28 16:53:31 UTC 2006

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric_POTTER?= wrote:

> Thanks jimmy for the hints, but I'm afraid the description of the
> problem I have was not clear.
>
> The problem I have is NOT a software configuration issue of NUT.
> The problem I have is that the UPS, when reaching battey.charge.low
> SHUTS DOWN ITSELF IMMEDIATELY, without sending anything to NUT over
> the serial port. Whatever would be my NUT configuration, it has no
> time to run, since the computer is shut down immediately.

This is what I understood from your previous mail. But I believe what
Jimmy was suggesting is that you could configure NUT to begin shutting
down the system *before* your UPS reaches battery.charge.low (30%);
for example, to do it when your battery charge drops below 90%, or to
do it as soon as the power failure starts. This should give the system
enough time to shut down before your UPS decides to turn itself off.

> The UPS behaves exactely AS IF IT WAS NOT SUPPERVISED.

I disagree. An unsupervised UPS should not shut down when it reaches
battery.charge.low.