[Nut-upsuser] Problem with GeekSquad GS-1500 (Cyberpower 1500 avr lcd)

cybernet_ -- cybernet_ at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 01:43:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've installed Nut 2.0.5 on a RedHat 9 box.

I have a GeekSquad 1500 UPS. (GeekSquad is a BestBuy brand) I've found out
that
it's actually a CyberPower 1500 AVR LCD.
I'm using it with the serial cable.

I'm unable to get it working with any of the drivers provided with NUT.
I've tried cpsups, cyberpower and powerpanel.
here's the output of the different drivers

./cpsups -DDD /dev/ttyS1
Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text protocol UPS driver .05 (2.0.5)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

debug level is '3'
ups_sync: send [\rP4\r]
ups_sync: got ret -1 []
ups_sync: send [\rP4\r]
ups_sync: got ret -1 []
ups_sync: send [\rP4\r]
ups_sync: got ret -1 []
ups_sync: send [\rP4\r]
ups_sync: got ret -1 []
ups_sync: send [\rP4\r]
ups_sync: got ret -1 []
Unable to detect a CyberPower text protocol UPS

./cyberpower -DDD /dev/ttyS1
Network UPS Tools - CyberPower driver 1.00 (2.0.5)
debug level is '3'
ls -al /dev/ttGiving up on hardware detection after 3 tries
Unable to get initial hardware info string

./powerpanel -DDD /dev/ttyS1
Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text protocol UPS driver 0.12 (2.0.5)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

debug level is '3'
command:
reply  : <none>
warning: sent "\r", expected "#2\r" but got ""
command: P4
reply  : <none>
warning: sent "P4\r", expected "#<something>" but got ""
[...]

the user:group of my serial device is set to nut
ls -al /dev/ttyS1
crwxrwxrwx    1 nut      nut        4,  65 avr 12 21:33 /dev/ttyS1

I've installed PowerPanelPlus (software from CyberPower systems) and it
works OK.
I don't want to use this software, I need to get it working with NUT.

here's some output of the PowerPanel...

#upsm status
utility state : normal
charger state : bypass
battery state : normal

# upsm information
shutdown system after power fails : [on],off
enable auto save function :[on],off
power failure causes system shutdown after : 15 minute 0 seconds.
communication port : None,Auto,ttyS0,[ttyS1]

has anyone been able to get NUT working with a CyberPower 1500 AVRLCD over
serial connection ?

thanks.