[Nut-upsuser] HP R3000 XR, warning or perhaps error

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Wed Apr 18 16:01:44 UTC 2007

Hi
ons 2007-04-18 klockan 15:51 +0800 skrev Gregory Orange:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
> >>
> >> This come from the baudhunting function in the driver.
> >> If you set the baud_rate in the ups.conf to 9600 You don't get this
> >> errors.
> >
> > can't this be filtered to avoid user confusion?

Yes. I take this up of list with Arjen. The error is due to the
fact that is use the 'normal' communication function during baudhunting.

And it test to communicate 3 times before it say that it lost the
communication. And because it try on the wrong speed it fails all
attempt and cast an error.

> (Oops, sending to list this time)
>
> Or for another suggestion, the message could be changed to something like:
> No baud rate specified in UPS configuration file ups.conf, attempting
> baud rate auto detection...
> Attempting communication at 2400 baud... failed
> Attempting communication at 4800 baud... failed
> Attempting communication at 9600 baud... success
>
> That would make it look less like debug info and more like useful output
> for a user like me who is somewhere in between naive and proficient.

This could be done.

Regards
Kjell