[Nut-upsuser] Sending snmp traps from a serial ups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:15:26 UTC 2007

Hi Markus,

2007/4/20, Markus Kress <Markus.Kress at gls-itservices.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I want to poll ups information (status, load, temprature etc.) from a Linux
> server with snmp. The ups is connected with a serial cable and I'm using
> nut.
> It is possible to transfer Information from ups nut to the linux smnpd
> (with some scripts?) and to make some extention to the mib database.
>
> I know, my question is not ups nut related.

your question is linked to UPS / NUT ;-)
I've a long time ago pushed the UPS SNMP Agent, but it has lacked from
interested developers: http://eu1.networkupstools.org/server-projects/

This project still need to be resurrected.

You otherwise can rely upon one of our many NMS integration (Nagios,
Big Syster, Cacti, MonAmi,...):
http://eu1.networkupstools.org/client-projects/

Arnaud