[Nut-upsuser] TrippLite OMNIVS1500XL Segmentation Fault

Junk Mail junk at chassit.com
Sat Aug 11 14:51:56 UTC 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Charles Lepple wrote:

>> input.voltage: 99.33
>> input.voltage.nominal: 120
>
> input.voltage looks a little low.

Is this something to worry about? It seems to fluctuate right around 100.
Could it be an error in the UPS?

>> upsd[12452]: Data for UPS [tripplite] is stale - check driver
>> tripplite_usb[12450]: Reconnect attempt #1
>> tripplite_usb[12450]: Successfully reconnected
>
> I forget how MAXAGE works, but if you can fix this by increasing
> maxage, you probably want to figure out the time difference between
> the first tripplite_usb error above, and the "Sucessfully reconnected"
> message.
>
> Beyond that, debugging can get messy. It may not be worth it on these
> models - they do occasionally miss sending back responses.

I guess I shouldn't have trimmed the timestamps... those log messages all
appear with the same timestamp... so they happen within one second. (and
this is the same every time)
Increasing MAXAGE has not helped. The period between failures ranges from
about one minute to over an hour (and counting).

I'm not really concerned about the warnings... My only real need for nut
is to shut down (several machines) cleanly.

Thanks,
-Tree