[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD rc.d scripts or shutdown howto?

Patrick Agrain patrick.agrain at alcatel-lucent.fr
Tue Aug 21 08:26:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've found the same behavior on RHES 4.5 with nut-2.2.0.

The patch included in the NUT RPMs ( nut-client, or nut ) includes the
shutdown procedure too late in the /etc/init.d/halt script.
At this moment, all filesystems have been unmounted and access to
/sbin/upsdrvctl is no more possible.

Test to get this part sooner in the halt script generates a "Permission
denied" problem when "including" the file /etc/sysconfig/ups.
I'm still looking for an acceptable solution.

Ugly workaround :
Reducing the procedure to the minimum ( if /etc/killpower then
/sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown ) works when put before unmounting the loopback
filesystem (still on RHES4.5).

Regards,
Patrick Agrain