[Nut-upsuser] lost USB comms under FreeBSD

Bryan gruvin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 23:10:31 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I saw with tripplite_usb (where the USB descriptor for the device
> tells the OS to poll 10-100 times a second) is that the driver does
> not poll frequently enough, and an interrupt transfer buffer fills up
> in the OS. Due to the way that libusb and the kernel USB stack
> interact, this could cause the symptoms you are seeing.

I see what you're saying -- and I can see how difficult that would be
to track down. The symptoms I'm continuing to see certainly could be a
product of that same behaviour you mention.

At this stage, I think I've reached the end of the road for USB UPSs
on FBSD. For the time and effort put into this thing, I could have
purchased a much larger RS-232 based UPS. Such is life.

Thanks for all your help -- it made a big difference.

Bryan.