[Nut-upsuser] New UPS protocol choice - Dynamix PROGRESS

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 31 02:23:10 UTC 2007

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
>> On 4/9/06, Criggie <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:

>>> caffeine:/etc/nut# upsdrvctl -vvv start
>>> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.2
>>> exec: /lib/nut/fentonups -a powerpal
>>> Network UPS Tools - Fenton UPS driver 1.22 (2.0.2)
>>> Unknown ups - please report this ID string:
>>>            #Dynamix         UPS 1700D  VER3.12
>>> Detected Unknown PS 1700D on /dev/ttyS0
>>> Communications with UPS lost - check cabling

>>> Its a fairly new UPS model - where do I go from here?

>> It looses the communication immediately? You may want to try the
>> "powermust" driver (or "megatec" as it is called in the development
>> branch).
>>
> Criggie - Did you make any progress with the megatec driver? Checking on
> there appears to be some very similar models to the Dynamix units that
> can use that driver.

Yes - Megatec works perfectly in nut 2.2  The only thing that has been
lost is "battery-charge" percentage.

Megatec has introduced "UPS-temperature" but sadly it reads 0 for me.

Apparently the same model is badged by many different suppliers.  If it
looks basically like this then it should work.
http://cdlnz.com/productimages/jpegs/ups1700d.jpg

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/