[Nut-upsuser] Crash when I start driver

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Dec 6 10:26:53 UTC 2007

>> The safest way to verify the above assumption, is to run the UPS without
>> load and see if it shuts off if you attempt to run it with an unmodified
>> 'usbhid-ups' driver. If it still does, comment out the line 117 as
>> follows in 'drivers/tripplite-hid.c' and build the driver again.
> I repeated what I did yesterday with a lamp as the load.  It shut off
> the lamp.

Good. Changing the load at least didn't change the outcome (just to be sure).

[...]

> I did it, and the result looks a lot better.  Here's what I see:

[...]

> It even seems to work the same without "-u root"!  Hurray!

That's great! It doesn't look like we have an active maintainer for this
subdriver at the moment, so I'll commit a change to the development
version of the 'tripplite-hid' driver later today. It probably is a bug in
the UPS firmware that is quite specific to this model, so commenting this
out for all Tripplite USB UPS'es doesn't seem to be the right thing to do.
Therefor I will change it such that it will not read this string if the
productid is 1003 only.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands