[Nut-upsuser] Battery is low bug (again) w/ Belkin/USB UPS (2.x=bug, < 2.0 works)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Dec 11 08:16:25 UTC 2007

> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2007-September/003137.html
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2007-July/003014.html
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/2552
>
> I still have this problem:
>
> $ dpkg -l | grep -i nut
> ii  nut                                  2.2.0-2       The core system
>
> I thought this bug was fixed :(

It is, in nut-2.2.1 (which is scheduled to be released shortly) or in the
development version. The version you have now, was released early this
year, so that still has this bug.

[...]

> Any work-arounds available if I want to run 2.2.0-2?

No, you'll need to upgrade to nut-2.2.1 once that becomes available or run
the development version.

> This was a bug one of the developers responded to earlier it was the way
> the kernel dealt with certain messages in the usb/kernel level.

No, it's how NUT deals with a faulty report received over the interrupt
pipeline. Essentially, this is a bug in your UPS for which we have created
a workaround. So Belkin is to blame here, not NUT.

> Same UPS, old version, same thing works fine, but new version keeps saying
> battery is low, kernel 2.6.23.9:

Like we explained before, the older versions ignored this report on the
interrupt pipeline. However, the report buffering mechanism that was added
in nut-2.0.5 could let some faulty report leak through. This has been
fixed in nut-2.2.1.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands