[Nut-upsuser] ACL problem

Ricardo Bugalho ricardo at lip.pt
Fri Dec 21 16:07:42 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm unable to connect to upsd from anywhere except localhost and the
debugging output is a bit weird. It looks like acl_check doesn't match
even against 0/0.

Here's my ACL on upsd.conf:

ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
ACL lan 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0

ACCEPT localhost lan
REJECT all

Here's the output from upsd -DDDD for a request from localhost:
acl_check: localhost: match 1
ACL [localhost] matches, action=1
Connection from ::ffff:127.0.0.1
acl_check: localhost: match 1
ACL [localhost] matches, action=1
write: [destfd=7] [len=24] [BEGIN LIST VAR core-ups
]
write: [destfd=7] [len=34] [VAR core-ups battery.charge "100"
]
[....]
write: [destfd=7] [len=22] [END LIST VAR core-ups
]
acl_check: localhost: match 1
ACL [localhost] matches, action=1
Client on ::ffff:127.0.0.1 logged out
write: [destfd=7] [len=11] [OK Goodbye
]

Here's the output from a request from another host:
acl_check: localhost: match 0
acl_check: lan: match 0
acl_check: all: match 0
Rejecting TCP connection from ::ffff:10.11.8.101

My question being: why isn't it matching against any of the ACLs?

I'm using nut 2.0.5, built for CentOS5 from the src.rpm for Fedora Core
9.

I'm kind of hoping this is something stupid on my part.

Thanks,
	Ricardo