[Nut-upsuser] mge pc 675 does not work with usb-hidups

christophe christophe.dr at free.fr
Fri Dec 28 23:04:28 UTC 2007

Le mardi 25 décembre 2007 11:33, Arjen de Korte a écrit :
> > On opensuse 10.3, i installed nut and configured my ups.conf like i did
> > it on opensuse 10.2 by putting (10.3 , nut 2.2.0):
> >
> > [MGEpc675]
> >         driver = usbhid-ups
> >         port = auto
> >         desc = "MGEpc675"
> >
> > instead of (10.2 , nut 2.0.4) :
> >
> > [MGEpc675]
> >         driver = newhidups
> >         port = auto
> >         desc = "MGEpc675"
> >
> > But it doesn't work.
>
> What does the output of 'rpm -q nut' show you?
>
> > It appears that upsdrvctl does not succeed. It says it cannot find any
> > USB HID device.
>
> The NUT package that was shipped with openSUSE 10.3 is badly broken with
> respect to USB support. Make sure that you install *all* updates and
> restart your system before attempting to configure NUT. This has to deal
> with how newer kernels deal with udev, which is incompatible with earlier
> versions.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my late reply because i could not
access the concerned computer since then.

To answer your question :
$ rpm -q nut
nut-2.2.0-20.2

The system is up to date and there is still nothing new. Or is there any
ealier version that i can rpm -i from any correct repository ?
It is sadly true that there might be some udev strange stuff disabling access
to USB HID device. I'd be glas to know how to repair it.

Thanks.
--
christophe