[Nut-upsuser] mge pc 675 does not work with usb-hidups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Dec 29 10:44:37 UTC 2007

> Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my late reply because i could
> not access the concerned computer since then.
>
> To answer your question :
> $ rpm -q nut
> nut-2.2.0-20.2

That should be the most recent version.

> The system is up to date and there is still nothing new. Or is there any
> ealier version that i can rpm -i from any correct repository ?

No. It's best to run the driver in debug mode and post the results here,
so that I can have a look what is going on.

	/usr/lib/ups/driver/usbhid-ups -u root -DD -a MGEpc675

We're interested in the first 30 seconds of output from this command,
after that you should Ctrl-C it to stop the driver.

> It is sadly true that there might be some udev strange stuff disabling
> access to USB HID device. I'd be glas to know how to repair it.

I have NUT running on my openSUSE 10.3 system, so it can be done with
the provided RPMs. Chances are that it is just a permissions problem, so
we should be able to work this out with only configuration changes.

Best regards, Arjen