[Nut-upsuser] Network Management Card (MGE) 66102 with snmp-ups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 13:57:37 CET 2007

Hi Lars,

Niels has decladded quicker than me ;-)

2007/2/8, Niels Baggesen <nba at users.sourceforge.net>:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 11:48:57AM +0100, Lars Preben Sørsdahl wrote:
> > [ups1] nut_snmp_get: .1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.1.2.0: Error in packet:
> > (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
> > ietf MIB wasn't found on ups1
> > Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> I don't know your specific card (or much about MGE stuff at all) but it
> could be that it would respond better to the MGE mib that to the IETF
> mib?
>
> Anyway, may I suggest that you try with 'mibs=mge' in ups.conf

this is the right answer. The mib autodetection hasn't yet been
implemented in snmp-ups.

Moreover, you have to know that snmp-ups is still experimental for one
main reason (at least for MGE): the manager mode, which allows a
manager (like snmp-ups) to register itself in the agent (ie the card)
so that the card knows there are client(s) connected when it comes to
shutdown time.
This means that you will have to launch the shutdown a bit earlier
before battery.charge = battery.charge.low (using upssched).
Otherwise, the UPS will cut its output, and crash the protected
system(s)

I hope this will answer your questions.
Best regards,
Arnaud