[Nut-upsuser] Network Management Card (MGE) 66102 with snmp-ups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:18:54 CET 2007

Hi Lars,

looking at your answer, I've just realized that you're running a 66102 card.
these are the new one, with a bit of SNMP (mostly for backward
compatibility with Network Management Systems, like HP OV, and the
like).

the "real" protocol is the MGE XML.

The bad news: there is no support at the present for this protocol.
The good news: we are considering the release of a spec, and the
development of an mge-xml driver. It's simply a matter of developper
time.

As a side note, we have just released a release candidate of the new
Network Shutdown Module v3, which is the proprietary client for this
kind of card.
It's really an excellent and powerfull product, and moreover based
upon lots of FLOSS (wxWidgets, PHP, lighttpd, sqlite, openssl, XML):
http://www.mgeups.com/email/forms/nsmv3.htm

2007/2/8, Lars Preben Sørsdahl <lars.preben at conduct.no>:

> Den 8. feb. 2007 kl. 13.15 skrev Niels Baggesen:
>
> > Anyway, may I suggest that you try with 'mibs=mge' in ups.conf
>
> Thanks. I got a little further, but I guess that the safest thing is
> to buy the old version of the card and use that until the new one is
> fully supported. :)
>
> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
> Network UPS Tools - Multi-MIBS SNMP UPS driver 0.41 (2.0.5)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> detected PULSAR M on host ups1
> [ups1] nut_snmp_get: .1.3.6.1.2.1.33.1.4.1.0: Error in packet:
> (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
> Starting nut.
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.5

can you also post the output of "upsc ups1 at localhost", after having
started both the driver and upsd.

thanks,
Arnaud