[Nut-upsuser] MGE Nova AVR 600 USB on FreeBSD

Rob Wise rob at wonk.org
Fri Feb 16 09:38:52 CET 2007

Hi Arjen,

On 16/02/07, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:
> > /usr/local/ups/etc/upsd.conf is world readable
>
> That is bad, fix it.

I understand that in a production environment this would be bad, but
considering the software is not not working at this point I have
bigger fish to fry :)

> > Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
> > Pinging UPS [mge-nova]
> > sstate_dead: didn't hear from driver for UPS [mge-nova] for 0 seconds
>
> Oops! For some reason you decided to set MAXAGE to 0 seconds. Please read
> the appropriate section from 'man 5 upsd.conf' again. Do not set MAXAGE to
> anything *lower* than the 15 second default.

I included my upsd.conf in my first email - MAXAGE is set to 60.

On 16/02/07, Herman J van der Merwe <herman at mercygate.com> wrote:
> Please state which version of FreeBSD you are running and if you have a
> custom kernel.

This was also in my email - FreeBSD 6.2.

Don't get me wrong here, I appreciate the help - but please read my
email properly before replying :)

Cheers,

Rob