[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNIVS1500XL, tripplite_usb, Error reading {L, S, B} value

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 17:03:50 CET 2007

On 2/16/07, Forest Bond - Logic Supply <forest.bond at logicsupply.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with svn trunk rev 815, testing tripplite_usb with this model.  I
> haven't gotten far in my testing, but thought I'd notify the list of this error
> message.  Is this message of any consequence, and is it worthwhile for me to
> continue testing prior to resolving this?  I am happy to help debug any driver
> issues, so please let me know if I can be of assistance.

The "Error reading Unit ID" is normal on this model, because it does
not appear to support that particular command.

The other errors look like they did not show up in the debug log
requested by Arjen - true?

I need to revise the polling timeouts for when the unit is offline,
but otherwise, it is probably working. (Some commands take several
tries to get through.)

Can you send the output of 'upsc name-of-ups at localhost'?

--
- Charles Lepple