[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNIVS1500XL, tripplite_usb, Error reading {L, S, B} value

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 22:40:55 CET 2007

On 2/16/07, Forest Bond - Logic Supply <forest.bond at logicsupply.com> wrote:
> > The other errors look like they did not show up in the debug log
> > requested by Arjen - true?
>
> On line 428:
>
> Error reading L value: Unknown error 0
>
> And on line 446:
>
> Error reading S value: Unknown error 0

oops, missed those.

I thought you meant it did that consistently - if so, then the
variables are not supported. But those are just every once in a while.

> (These occurred shortly after I unplugged the UPS to trigger activity.)

yup, sounds like the UPS was just busy at the time.

> > I need to revise the polling timeouts for when the unit is offline,
> > but otherwise, it is probably working. (Some commands take several
> > tries to get through.)
>
> Hmm, I didn't let the test run for very long; I'm happy to perform some
> variation on that test, if you need different timing.  Otherwise, what you just
> said doesn't mean much to me, so if you don't need anything else from me, just
> ignore this paragraph :).

Note that most commands complete with "send_try 1" and "recv_try 1" -
it just says that the driver didn't have to repeatedly write and read
to get a response. Each "try" waits for a certain amount of time -
that's the timeout. That's all I meant. We're trying to get quick
results in the normal case, but recognize that sometimes, you just
won't get an answer back at all (until you re-send the command).

> > Can you send the output of 'upsc name-of-ups at localhost'?
>
> I don't actually have upsd up and running.  It may be a few minutes for me to do
> that, at which point I'm happy to send the info you need.  Is there some other
> command I can run to get what you're looking for without yet completing the full
> nut setup?

Nope, no other way. But it's just an end-to-end sanity check to be
sure that the numbers you see are in line with reality. If I had the
time, I could work it out from the log, but that's error-prone (as you
can see by the fact that I missed those two errors).

--
- Charles Lepple