[Nut-upsuser] my ups shuts down when starting upsd

Glen Ogilvie nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz
Mon Feb 19 02:16:27 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a Fenton Powerpal L660, when I try and configure nut with either the
metatec or fentonups driver, and start upsd, the UPS instantly turns itself
off.

It used to work, until I changed my motherboard and CPU, which means it has
a different bios and serial port setup.

This is happening with Nut 2.0.1 and also Nut 2.0.5.   I have an AMD64 bit
processor, Mandriva 2007 64 bit.

Any suggestions as to what I should do to investigate this?

The error I got from the fenton drive was:

Short read during UPS id sequence

Regards
Glen Ogilvie