[Nut-upsuser] "Master privileges unavailable" &

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 19 13:53:20 CET 2007

> as far as I am aware everything is as it should be. Kindly have a look at
> my conf files and let me know.
>
> upsd.conf ------------
> ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
> ACL fileserver 172.16.20.100

This is wrong, you need to add either /255.255.255.255 or /32 (the mask is
not optional). Up to (and including) nut-2.0.5 this error would be
silently ignored, however this has been fixed in the trunk.

> ACL mercyadmin 172.16.20.0/24
>
> ACCEPT fileserver
> ACCEPT mercyadmin
> REJECT all
>
> upsd.users --------------
> [nut]
>         password = nut12
> #       allowfrom = 172.16.20.0/32

Remove the line above. The allowfrom takes an ACL as parameter, not an
IP-address or -network.

>         allowfrom = fileserver
>         upsmon master           # or upsmon slave
>
> upsmon.conf -------------
> POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
>
> MONITOR QP1000 at fileserver 1 nut nut12 master
>
> # Tell upsmon how to shutdown the system
> SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"

Best regards, Arjen