[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown problem with Geek Squad GS1285U

Gary Redden redden at skybest.com
Sat Feb 24 01:02:44 CET 2007

I found the problem in my previous post, but it just uncovered another
problem. It seems that the script expects a upsd.pid file. I get a
upsmon.pid file but no upsd.pid file.I looked through the code and it
seems that upsd.c should create the file. My script works if I create
the upsd.pid file before I shutdown. Anyone know what might cause this
problem? I also am having a problem getting the computer to restart when
power is restored. The computer restarts if I turn the ups off and wait
a while then turn the ups back on.