[Nut-upsuser] Problem with HP R3000 XR

Paul Battaglia pb at aspecttraffic.com.au
Wed Feb 28 23:37:54 CET 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to communication with the HP r3000 XR UP using the latest stable
build and I'm getting the following errors. Can anyone enlighten me with the
errors below and what other course of action I can take.

Thanks in advance.
Paul.

[root at WRRFtpServer etc]#  /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.11 (2.0.5)

Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS re-established
Connected to UPS on /dev/ttyS0 baudrate: 19200
Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): 9!!!

Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): 9!!!

Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): 9!!!

Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Could not communicate with the ups
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)