[Nut-upsuser] ST7 RS232 USB Bridge (STMicroelectronics) UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 02:10:20 UTC 2007

On 7/1/07, Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:43:10 -0400
> "Charles Lepple" <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After running newhidups (or usbhid-ups in 2.2.0 and later), what does
> > 'lsusb -v' say about the report descriptor?
>
>         Ok, I ran usbhid-ups again and then lsusb -v as you requested:

hmm, maybe 'lsusb -vvv' instead? There should be more information
between the HID Device Descriptor heading, and Endpoint Descriptor.

>         HID Device Descriptor:
>           bLength                 9
>           bDescriptorType        33
>           bcdHID               1.10
>           bCountryCode           33 US
>           bNumDescriptors         1
>           bDescriptorType        34 Report
>           wDescriptorLength      29
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
>         bmAttributes            3
>           Transfer Type            Interrupt
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
>         bInterval              10
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
>         bmAttributes            3
>           Transfer Type            Interrupt
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
>         bInterval              10
> Device Status:     0x6703
>   Self Powered
>   Remote Wakeup Enabled
>
> > I am not too familiar with this driver, but it might help to run this
> > with a few -D options as well.
>
>         Ok, here we go (sudo ./megatec_usb -u root -a tsshara -DD):
>
> Checking device (0483/0035) (001/003)
> - VendorID: 0483
> - ProductID: 0035
> - Manufacturer: unknown
> - Product: unknown
> - Serial Number: unknown
> - Bus: 001
> Trying to match device
> Device does not match - skipping
>
>         I think it will not help right?

You probably have to specify the "-x vendorid=0483" option here as
well (unless the documentation shows another way of specifying
nonstandard device types).

--
- Charles Lepple