[Nut-upsuser] ST7 RS232 USB Bridge (STMicroelectronics) UPS

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:59:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 08:30:01 -0400
"Charles Lepple" <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please keep the list CC'd.

	I think it's better to send just to the list, right? You're
sending me a copy to my e-mail and other to the list. Is that really
necessary? When I click Reply, it will reply to your e-mail instead of
the list... If the mail comes from the list, I wouldn't need to use the
CC right?

> Can you post the contents of ups.conf? This message means that the
> driver has not even tried to connect to the UPS.

[tsshara]
driver = megatec_usb
port = auto
vendorid = 0483
productid = 0035
desc = "No Break TS-Shara"

> Again, I don't know much about this driver, but I think you may need
> to select one of "subdriver=krauler" or "subdriver=agiler".

	If I use one of thesse options (krauler or agiler) it returns
the following:

sudo ../bin/megatec_usb -u root -a tsshara -DD

Checking device (0483/0035) (001/003)
- VendorID: 0483
- ProductID: 0035
- Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
- Product: ST7 RS232 USB BRIDGE
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device matches
Starting UPS detection process...
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
Attempting to detect the UPS...
Sending "Q1" command...
Wrong answer to "Q1" command.
5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.

	And then lsusb -v (now I think ir returned what you want!):

        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.10
          bCountryCode           33 US
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength      29
          Report Descriptor: (length is 29)
            Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x80 0xff ] 65408
                            (null)
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
                            (null)
            Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Application
            Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
            Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
            Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0xff 0x00 ] 255
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            (null)
            Item(Main  ): Feature, data= [ 0x82 ] 130
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            (null)
            Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x82 ] 130
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                            (null)
            Item(Main  ): Output, data= [ 0x82 ] 130
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Main  ): End Collection, data=none
      Endpoint Descriptor:

	***

	Does it help? Thank you!