[Nut-upsuser] Can not find the Belkin F6H375-USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 02:44:53 UTC 2007

On 6/3/07, dcw <dwoody1 at charter.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 03 June 2007 5:49 pm, you wrote:
> > On 6/3/07, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Since you said this worked under 2.0.4 on Mandriva, I will suggest
> > > that this product ID be added to the driver for the next release. (The
> > > 2.0.4 Belkin HID driver apparently didn't check the VID at all, just
> > > the PID.)
> But the 2.0.4 does not work on CentOS5 which is a clone of RHEL5.
> The 2.0.5 does not work on CentOS5 either.
> I added the following line to /etc/udev/rules.d/025_nut-usbups.rules for
> version 2.0.5:
> SYSFS{idVendor}=="050d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0375", MODE="664", GROUP="ups"
>
> This did not help.

Did you unplug and replug the USB cable after adding this? (I think
there might be a way to tell udev to rescan, but I don't know off the
top of my head how that works.)

What does the /proc/bus/usb node for the UPS look like (ls -l) after
you add the rule and re-plug the UPS?

> I assume that since it works on Mandriva 2006 and not CentOS5 that there is a
> configuration error on CentOS separate from the nut software. Would CentOS
> mailing list be the best place to ask about that or stay with this thread and
> see if others have any input?

Can't hurt to ask on the CentOS lists. Someone here might have some
other suggestions, but that's all I have based on the error messages
you sent before.

--
- Charles Lepple