[Nut-upsuser] Where to buy a db9 serial port probe

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Mon Jun 4 22:52:13 UTC 2007

All

I apologize if this is slightly off topic, but I'm in the process of
trying to get NUT working and I've discovered the need for a serial port
probe that is native db9 - native db9 (the thought of hanging a probe plus
two db9-db25 adapters plus a cable on a UPS bothers me greatly).  I'm not
looking for anything fancy, just a little gender changer with a buncha
LEDs on it.

However, every search for "db9/analyzer/probe/breakout/rs232" and any
combination thereof has yielded crap results except for one for $40 from
BlackBox, and quite frankly that's a bit much for a piece of hardware I'll
use ONCE.

David Harris, serial guru shows a pic of this on a page of his:

http://www.conserver.com/consoles/Tracers/DB9-tracer-bicolor.jpg

But says this model is BAD because of the way the LEDs are soldered (I
really do not care), but I cannot find out how to find this device at ALL.

Anyone else have any clues?

-Dan