[Nut-upsuser] Microdowell (cpsups) driver segfault

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Jun 19 12:32:24 UTC 2007

Den Tuesday 19 June 2007 13.12.48 skrev varain at flashmail.com:
> Hello All
Hi Varain,

> I have a MicroDowell ups (BBox BP 1000) connected to a Gentoo box by serial
> cable. If I try to start the driver , I see the following :
>
> Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text protocol UPS driver .05 (2.0.5)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> debug level is '13'
> ups_sync: send [\rP4\r]
> ups_sync: got ret 46 [#1000VA    ,2.107,000000000000,CYBER POWER    ]
> ups_sync: got line beginning with #, looks usable, returning
> get_ident: got [#1000VA    ,2.107,000000000000,CYBER POWER    ]
> Detected MicroDowell B.Box BP 1000 2.107 on /dev/ttyS0
> Segmentation fault
>

> It segfaults no matter what compilation options I select, or if I use
> upsdrvctl or launch the driver directly.
>
> Anyone have any ideea what I'm doing wrong ?
>
> (If this belongs to the -dev list, just say so ... )

Are you running a 64bit computer ?

This is what i found on the mailing list
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2006-July/001363.html
Don't know if this is resolved yet. But the problem is if you take it to the
developer list, they want you to run 2.2.0-pre1 and there is no official
ebuild for this yet.

I have a modified ebuild in overlay that i may send to you, if you would like
to test the 2.2.0-pre1.

Regards
Kjell (developer bcmxcp driver)