[Nut-upsuser] Microdowell (cpsups) driver segfault

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jun 20 06:30:55 UTC 2007

> Thank you, but for now I'll try the powerpanel driver (as Arjen advised).
> I'll let you know if things work out.

Good. Although the powerpanel driver has improved significantly between
2.0.5 and 2.2.0-pre1, I don't think it is worth the effort to switch to
the new version.

> As an experiment, if I compile just the driver from 2.2.0-pre1 (with the
> required options), can I expect it to work ? (assuming the problem was
> solved in this version)

Assuming you're coming from version 2.0.5, this will work. It won't be
compatible with earlier versions, since we changed the naming of the
driver sockets. I don't see the advantage of just compiling a driver
though. You'd need to setup the build environment anyway, so you might
just as well compile the rest of the package too.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands