[Nut-upsuser] Spurious shutdown

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 20:11:27 UTC 2007

I had a brief power interruption this evening which caused a spurious
shutdown. The system log contains a report of "low battery" status; however,
checking the battery soon after powering up again showed a fairly typical 80%
charge. The UPS had, however, been beeping to indicate imminent shutdown,
which is slightly suspicious.

Previous power interruptions have been fine but either they were too short to
trigger the problem or they happened while using the version in sarge (which
has handled long power failures without problem).

The monitoring system is running etch/i386. upsd says the following (typical
output):

battery.charge: 086
battery.temperature: 050
battery.voltage: 13.0
driver.name: belkin
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS1
driver.version: 2.0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.21
input.frequency: 50.1
input.transfer.high: 246.4
input.transfer.low: 212.5
input.voltage: 240.0
output.frequency: 50.0
output.voltage: 241.0
ups.firmware: 000
ups.load: 050
ups.mfr: BELKIN
ups.model: F6C625-220V
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 050

At present, I'm not certain whether this is a bug in nut or a problem with
the UPS.

| + Output *more* particulate pollutants.      BUFFER AGAINST GLOBAL WARMING.

Life, don't talk to me about life.