[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite SU6000RT4U - not supported?

Kevin DeGraaf kevin at kdegraaf.net
Sat Mar 10 19:19:16 CET 2007

> Done. If you pull the latest version from the SVN trunk, the usbhid-ups
> driver should detect your UPS. Could you let us know if everything works
> as expected, so that we can add this UPS to the list of supported devices?

# ./bin/upsc tl6000 at localhost

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 25
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.runtime: 2839
battery.temperature: 21
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 21.2
battery.voltage.nominal: 192.0
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.1.0
driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.1 (experimental)
driver.version.internal: 0.30
input.frequency: 59.9
input.transfer.high: 140.0
input.transfer.low: 65.0
input.voltage: 122.4
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.current: 5.10
output.frequency: 59.9
output.frequency.nominal: 60
output.voltage: 120.0
output.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.reboot: -1
ups.delay.restart: 0
ups.delay.shutdown: -1
ups.load: 23
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: TRIPP LITE UPS
ups.power: 505.0
ups.power.nominal: 6000
ups.productid: 4002
ups.serial: 9533alcps585700043
ups.status: OB LB RB
ups.test.result: 0
ups.vendorid: 09ae

The "battery.voltage" vs. "battery.voltage.nominal" weirdness isn't a
problem with NUT.  The official Tripp-Lite software reports the same
thing.  I have a feeling that there's an off-by-an-order-of-magnitude
bug in the UPS firmware.

However, I am concerned about the output of "ups.status".  Would I be
correct in assuming that those codes stand for "On Battery", "Low
Battery" and "Replace Battery", respectively?

It's pretty clear from the other data points that the battery charge is
not low, and since the UPS is only a few months old, I can't see why the
batteries should need replacement.

Thanks for your help!

--
Kevin DeGraaf