[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite SU6000RT4U - not supported?

Kevin DeGraaf kevin at kdegraaf.net
Mon Mar 12 17:36:53 CET 2007

> These problems may actually be caused by the driver. It contains logic to
> workaround flaws in the HID implementation of some TrippLite units. Yours
> may not suffer from these flaws, so we'll probably have to make these
> workarounds conditional based on the productid.

Prior to test:
  http://kdegraaf.net/upsc-1.txt

With mains powered off:
  http://kdegraaf.net/upsc-2.txt

Shortly after mains powered back on:
  http://kdegraaf.net/upsc-3.txt

A few minutes after mains powered back on:
  http://kdegraaf.net/upsc-4.txt

Most of the data points (e.g. battery.charge, battery.runtime,
input.voltage, input.frequency) were reasonable throughout all four
tests, but the progression of "ups.status" was strange:

upsc-1.txt: OB LB RB
upsc-2.txt: OB LB RB VRANGE
upsc-3.txt: OL CHRG
upsc-4.txt: OB LB RB