[Nut-upsuser] 2 HID UPS'en, but only one at a time

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:35:48 CET 2007

Hi Tom,

thanks to Arjen for his answer...

2007/3/20, Tom Laermans <tom.laermans at luciad.com>:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 09:30 +0100, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> > > # dpkg -l nut*|grep ^ii
> > > ii  nut      2.0.4-3    The core system of the nut - Network UPS Tools
> > > ii  nut-usb  2.0.4-4    USB Drivers subsystem for the nut - Network UP
> >
> > Before anything else, upgrade to nut-2.0.5 (or the development version
> > from the SVN trunk). There have been several important changes to the
> > newhidups driver since nut-2.0.4 came out, so the problem may have been
> > solved already.
>
> Arjen, great - this solved the problem indeed.
>
> I couldn't find nut 2.0.5 backports to etch, so here they are:
>
> http://magic.powersource.cx/~tom/nut-2.0.5-etch/ (based on sid's current
> package).

imo, 2.0.5 was't needed here, though it's preferable to be up to date...

you could have used these too (part of the MGE repositories for PSP)
ex for Etch / Sid (/etc/apt/source.list format):

deb http://opensource.mgeups.com/beta/debian/unstable binary/

> For the webmaster: http://www.networkupstools.org/packages.html the link
> to Debian "backport to stable" is way way way outdated :-) (and the
> "testing" link as well).

part of the many low priority things on my TODO list ;)
since I'm thinking of making some nut repositories, following the
creation and adoption of a NUT Packaging Standard, I'll address this
more cleanly at that time.
For the moment, I've simply commented out the ref.

thanks for your report,
Arnaud