[Nut-upsuser] Hint for upgrade from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Mar 26 11:14:23 CET 2007

Tor Sjøwall wrote:
> After updating from NUT 2.0.3 to 2.0.5 I got this error from upsd
> during startup:
>
> Can't connect to UPS [myups] (myups): No such file or directory
>
> The problem was that newhidups created a pipe on
> /var/run/nut/newhidups-auto while upsd was looking for
> /var/run/nut/myups.
>
> The solution to the problem was to add the option "-a myups" to the
> newhidups command line in the init script. This option was not
> necessary with version 2.0.3
>
> It seems that the default values for the name of the pipe is different
> in newhidups and in upsd.

No. If you use 'upsdrvctl' to start the driver, this will be handled
automatically. What you're seeing now either means that you don't use
'upsdrvctl' to startup the driver, or you're still using some of the
binaries from nut-2.0.3. Note that you always need to upgrade all
binaries when installing a newer version. Usually the communication
between server and clients will not be affected, but there can be
(incompatible) changes between drivers and server.

Best regards, Arjen