[Nut-upsuser] upsd does not strt up

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:20:07 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Arjen de Korte <arjen at de-korte.org> wrote:

> >> # truss ./upsd
> > Can you try this again with "-DDD"? It's hard to match the system
> > calls to source code, and I'm not very familiar with Solaris or truss
> > anymore.
> >
> > I forget, is IPv6 enabled in the NUT ./configure script?
>
> It is, otherwise it wouldn't show 'setuptcp: try to bind to 0.0.0.0 port
> 3493' in the debug output (this line is only in the new IPv4/IPv6 code).

Sorry, my brain shuts down when I see functions longer than about one
page. I'm not a C preprocessor by trade :-)

Zoltan: in any case, the more details you can provide about the
system, the better. Arjen had some good questions about IPv4 vs IPv6
and system hardening, and the combined truss+-DDD output will help us
figure out exactly which function is causing the problem.

--
- Charles Lepple