[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] Belkin USB UPSes

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri May 18 19:29:45 UTC 2007

Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> Alexander I. Gordeev <lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su>:
> > Yes, sure. I think, you'll also want to install udev and hotplug rules to
> > setup device permissions automatically as well.
>
> Where are those rules?  Is their installation procedure documented anwhere?

Yes, it is documented in the file INSTALL, along with all the other
installation procedures. See point 6, "Set ownership data and
permissions".

The default installation procedure is

./configure
make
make install

and this should install the udev and/or hotplug rules automatically in
most cases.  If there is trouble, try the --with-hotplug-dir=DIR or
--with-udev-dir=DIR options to ./configure.

-- Peter