[Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C1100-UNV

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue May 22 02:23:02 UTC 2007

David Mohr wrote:

> Hi,
> it'd be great if you could update the documentation on the website
> that some models of the Belkin -UNV series will only work with the
> megatec(_usb) drivers.

Which models, specifically? You mention the F6C1100-UNV in the subject
line, but we previously had reports that that model was working with
the usbhid-ups (formerly: newhidups) driver. We also have reports that
the F6H500ukUNV, F6H650ukUNV, F6H350deUNV, F6H350ukUNV are working
with the megatec driver; this information is already contained in the
newest NUT sources (although perhaps not on the website).

Belkin seems to change its protocol every few years. This latest shift
is quite disturbing, considering that the older *UNV models actually
implemented a standardized USB protocol, whereas the megatec_usb
protocol is a hack.

> I wasted a lot of time on trying to get it to
> work with the wrong drivers, and would like to spare others the pain
> :-).

I agree. -- Peter