[Nut-upsuser] NUT with Liebert UPStation GXT

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri May 25 13:22:34 UTC 2007

> I have a Liebert UPSTation GXT UPS and i'm trying to get it to work
> with NUT(using a Multilink serial cable)  but without any success so
> far. I am aware about the liebert contact-closure driver but this
> does not suit my needs as I need to get detailed status on the ups
> (voltage levels, temperature, load, etc.)

As far as I know, we don't support that. You could sniff the
communications with an existing driver and post the output here. Maybe
someone recognises the protocol used and can guide you how to add support
for it in an existing driver. But it may also mean that we need to write a
new one for it.

> I have tried every driver that ships with NUT 2.0.5 with no result.

The 'liebert' driver should support this UPS, although only in contact
closure mode, so without the bells-and-whistles you want.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands