[Nut-upsuser] Belkin USB UPSes

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue May 29 11:50:34 UTC 2007

>> >May 24 12:18:37 snark kernel: [136718.407859] usb 3-2: usbfs: process
>> >26061 (megatec_usb) did not claim interface 0 before use
>> >How do I troubleshoot this?
>> not a big trouble, but we are still having sometime such msg.
>> this claiming lies in drivers/libusb.c->libusb_open()
>> Is it easily reproducible?
> Yes.  I've since learned that it's caused by a permissions problem when
> opening the device.  To reproduce, leave the --with-user option off your
> configure line.

Leaving *both* --with-user and --with-group off of your configure line is
equivalent to '--with-user=nobody --with-group=nobody'. So the problem is
probably that either this user/group doesn't exist or that you need to
check that the permissions are set correctly in the hotplug/udev files
installed on your system. NUT will set the user/group in these files
correctly (according to what you specify on the configure line), but if
you fail to install them, you'll still have a problem.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands