[Nut-upsuser] PowerWare 9120 via USB?

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu Nov 8 16:09:37 UTC 2007

Den Thursday 08 November 2007 16.11.11 skrev Tobias Balle-Petersen:
> Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> > Hello Arjen.
> >
> > Arjen de Korte wrote:
> >> Adding 'baudrate = 9600' to the 'ups.conf' entry for this UPS should fix
> >> this.
> >
> > Strange, it tells me this is not supported. I'm on 2.0.4.
>
> Ahh... It goes in the global section. Sorry.

Hello all,

You have been busy i see. OK it is possible to set the 9120 to requsted mode
only, and this is done by the serial driver part. And it should remain so
after power cycling.

One thing that bothers me is that it state.

Quote:
I can se the UPS with lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 06da:0002 Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Unquote

Phoenixtec did the communication bord for the 3110 and 5115 so we may have
some problems that discussed on the developer list regarding 5115.

A new 3105 is reporting
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0592:0002 Powerware Corp.

I also found during debug of the 3110 that is not following the standard for
the bcmxcp.

So try to run it with a serial dongle, and we look into this.
(dam that my work take so mutch time from this)

Regards
Kjell