[Nut-upsuser] PW9120 - Shutdown condition?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 9 12:09:32 UTC 2007

> I have a PW9120 hooked up via a serial cable running NUT 2.0.4.
>
> When running upsc I cant see any parameter that looks like it would
> trigger a shutdown. Theres is
> nothing like "battery.charge.low: 30" or "battery.charge.warning: 30".

The UPS may not support reporting and/or changing this value.

> I get:
> ambient.temperature
> battery.(charge|runtime|voltage)
> driver.(misc)
> input.(misc)
> output.(misc)
> ups.(firmware|load|model|power.nominal|serial|status|voltage.nominal)
>

> running upscmd -l gives me:
> shutdown.return
> shutdown.stayoff
> test.battery.start
>

> What triggers the shutdown of a PW9120 and how do I change the value ?

In general, shutdown will be triggered when the UPS is both on battery
*and* reporting low battery. The latter may or may not be user
configurable. In your case, it looks like the driver has no way of
changing this level, so when this actually happens depends on the UPS.

See 'docs/shutdown.txt' if the time remaining after a shutdown is
initiated isn't sufficient for an orderly shutdown of your UPS.

Best regards,
Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands