[Nut-upsuser] UPS shutdown - always the thing to do?

Whit Blauvelt whit+nut at transpect.com
Mon Nov 19 20:46:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

In an instance where the system is in a sometimes-unattended facility, are
there different implications to shutting down the UPS from a script, as
compared to not doing so? My goal is to have systems recover ASAP when the
power comes back. My UPS is a Cyberpower 1500AVR. The two servers connected
to it boot fine when power is restored to them. But I'm ignorant on how the
UPS itself will behave. If shut down, do UPS's as a rule turn on when power
comes back? Or does that depend on the model?

Is there an argument for not shutting the UPS down, just in case power comes
back before it's run out of battery even to sustain even its own state?

Thanks,
Whit