[Nut-upsuser] Mustek Powermust 600VA

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 21 11:27:18 UTC 2007

>>   I'm having a hard time configuring a Mustek Powermust 600VA ups to
>> work via USB with nut. I read somewhere that nut works OK via the
>> rs232 cable, but unfortunately I don't have a COM port in my computer.
>>   The kernel detects the ups as an Xbox pad :) and loads the xpad
>> module. I tried running /lib/nut/megatec with different /dev/ttySx but
>> it displays megatec protocol UPS was not detected.
>>
>> This is what I get from lsusb -v:
>>
>> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 06da:0003 Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
> [snip]
>>
>> How do I create an appropriate /dev/ttyS and is there a way to make
>> linux work with this ups?
>>

> Please, try this off-tree patch:
> http://probu.nl/~p.v.valderen/lakeview.v2.patch
> or an updated version below with resolved conflicts with the
> current trunk.
> The driver name is 'lakeview_usb'.

It is *very* unlikely that this is going to work. The 'lakeview' driver is
essentially for a contact-closure-over-USB interface.

As far as I know, the Mustek Powermust 600VA uses the Megatec protocol
over USB. The fact that it is reported to work with the 'megatec' driver
on the RS232 interface is also a strong indication for that. In that case,
the 'megatec_usb' driver would be appropriate. Unfortunately, neither the
'agiler' nor 'krauler' subdrivers appear to work for this device (search
the archives for this), so we probably need to write a third subdriver. If
you're willing to work with us, we might do that.

Another, much easier way, is to use a serial-to-USB converter that can be
bought for around € 10 nowadays. This will provide your system with a
serial interface, so that you can use the RS232 interface with the
'megatec' driver.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands