[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower 1500AVRT won't load driver!

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Wed Nov 28 05:11:08 UTC 2007

I can't really help - but have a similar problem with a different UPS. I
have a Belkin ups with belkinunv driver which claims to support my
model. I get a different error - but essentially the same issue. It just
doesn't seem to get anything back from the UPS on ttyS0. I have checked
the permissions on ttyS0 and they appear correct. I find this a bit
puzzling - because I can't figure out how these permissions got set. How
did it know that I wanted to use ttyS0, apparently before I ever told it
what port to use?

I also have only one physical serial port on the box - though the device
manager reports 2 16550 ports. I can't really find a way to definitively
prove that the port on the back is ttyS0 - so any ideas how to do this
would be appreciated. Are there any settings that can be set for ttyS0,
such as baud rates etc, and if so - how is this done? I am relatively
new to Linux - so pleas be gentle with me...:-)

Many thanks

Richard.