[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower 1500AVRT won't load driver!

Wed Nov 28 10:47:26 UTC 2007

Hello.

Here's what I get from debug:

./cyberpower -DDDDDDDD -a cyberups
Network UPS Tools - CyberPower driver 1.00 (2.2.0)
debug level is '8'
Giving up on hardware detection after 3 tries
Unable to get initial hardware info string

ls -l /dev/ttyS[01]
crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 64 Nov 28 05:22 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 4, 65 Nov 27 19:44 /dev/ttyS1

I don't have statserial, nor could I find an ebuild for it, and trying to
compile it gave me some errors. I'll try to work at them tomorrow, but I'm
not sure if that's going to help.

If anyone has any ideas about USB on this device that'd work too :-). You
know, they (CyberPower) advertised everywhere that it's usb-hid compliant
and works in Linux, but I couldn't get it to work using the usbhid-ups
driver either.

Thanks!