[Nut-upsuser] powerware 5125 and bcmxcp driver

Radu kenjiru.ro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:11:21 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get a Powerware 5125 UPS running using the bcmxcp driver,
but I get the following errors:

video2:~# /sbin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.4
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.10 (2.0.4)

Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Communications with UPS lost: Error executing command
Can't find the UPS on port /dev/ttyS0!
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Here are my /etc/nut/ups.conf:
[ups]
       driver = bcmxcp
       port = /dev/ttyS0
       desc = "PowerWare 5125"
       baud_rate = 9600

With the generic driver it works, sort of. I mean it signals I'm running
on battery (which is not true) and the battery is low and then shut downs.

Also, I can connect with the minicom to the UPS.

Any ideas how to get the bcmxcp driver up?