[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 800 shutdown problems

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:37:31 UTC 2007

2007/10/25, Rózsa Gábor <mailer.tovis at freemail.hu>:
> I'm confused! I make some more settings in upsmon.conf - more NOTIFYFLAG and
> restart the hole nut!

I think you meant *w*hole ;-)

> Through the cgi it is signaled the ONBATTERY and charge level also indicate
> well, when it reaches 30% shutdown procedure starts on boxes - hurra! But
> the UPS does not switch off at all:(
> OK

do you mean with newmge-shut?

> I go back to mge-shut!
> Yes, I have almost forget! After reboot the charge of batteries (cgi) shows only 13%!
> Are you sure, it is a bug in tzhe driver?

I'm not sure to understand!
I don't recall the whole thread, but with a shutdown at 30% and a good
load, you reach such a restart level...

or did I got you wrong?

About the bug I found in newmge-shut, iirc I've seen some strange
behaviour that would lead to mixing similar vars (like mapping
battery.charge on battery.charge.low).
newmge-shut is mostly working. but only *mostly*, and that's not
enough for production stage!

> Thanks for patient

considering the time it took me to reply to the various mge users
requests recently, I'm not the one who is patient ;-)

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Exprt R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com