[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse 800 shutdown problems

Philippe Marzouk phil at ozigo.org
Sun Oct 28 21:08:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 08:45:30PM +0100, tovis wrote:
> As you can observe in my UPS state track, after reboot it is reported that
> the charge of the batteries about 86% - what is of course inpossible. I
> think I need set "ondelay" in ups.conf to get more battery charge when
> line is back. Is this can help me?

As Arnaud told you in a previous mail the 86% is "normal" for your ups.
On these models MGE decided to go with this battery charge value by
default when the UPS does not know what is the charge level.

You have to wait some time for the UPS to get the correct value.

I don't think the real value is important as long as you can get 2
shutdown in a row. Unless you have really really crappy power in which
case an online UPS and a power generator may be more suited (if not
budget wise).

Philippe