[Nut-upsuser] NUT + devd + FreeBSD

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue Oct 30 03:28:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On 10/29/07, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:
> > I made the following devd script..
>
> That's pretty intense, but it's a nice reuse of the udev data.

Hey, machines exist to do work for us, not the other way around ;)

Although IMO a source file that is cleaner could be used instead and
then the udev & devd scripts can be derived from it.

> If you want, we can create a packaging/FreeBSD directory (or just
> packaging/BSD, if devd is not specific to FreeBSD) to hold the script
> and instructions.
>
> Or how much of this should end up in the port files?

It could all go in the port files trivially.

I think that if the port or NUT generated that file it would be ideal,
the later is probably better since NUT's list of supported UPSs will
grow but devd's file format won't change (much).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum