[Nut-upsuser] compatibility with Tripps SMART/OMNI/OMNISMART ?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Sep 6 10:35:43 UTC 2007

> I've having trouble understanding the NUT compatibility page.
>
> Is it compatible with the OMNISMART300? Or the OMNI900LCD?
>
> The compatibility page said for instance
>   SMART550 -- tripplite_usb
>   SmartUPS -- tripplite
>   OMNI650LCD -- usbhid_ups
> so I'm not sure if an OMNISMART300 is like a Smart, or a SMART, or an
> OMNI, or even if it's supported at all.

Well, according to the Tripplite webpage

    http://www.tripplite.com/products/product.cfm?productID=2689

the Network monitoring port is USB (HID)interface. That rules out the
'tripplite' driver, since this is for a serial (RS232) interface. It seems
to be a current model, so I would try the 'usbhid-ups' first (note that
you may have to specify the productid, see 'man 8 usbhid-ups' how to do
that). As Charles also wrote, the output of 'lsusb' may be useful if you
need more help.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands