[Nut-upsuser] Can't get 'load.off' to turn off power to the PC: CyberPower 1200AVR

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Sep 20 19:13:39 UTC 2007

Mark E. Hansen wrote:

> Thanks again, Arjen (and others). Once I got home yesterday and tried the
> "load.off" command using the new (development) version of the package, and
> it now works!

Uh oh...

> This is great, because I would not be able to get my machine to reboot without
> the ability to cut its power.

This is actually not so great, because I really have no clue why this
didn't work on nut-2.2.0 before. Essentially, the commands that are sent
to the UPS are identical, which would mean previously they were not
sent. To rule out other problems and assuming that you've setup
usbhid-ups, upsd and upsmon, could you run the following command (as root):

	upsmon -c fsd

With mains plugged in, this should shutdown your system cleanly, power
off the UPS and should switch the UPS on automatically again within one
minute. If you do the same with the mains *not* plugged in, it should
wait until the mains comes back (see also docs/shutdown.txt for a more
detailed description what should be happening).

If you have the time available, it would be extremely helpful if you
could try this with the following versions from SVN:

	nut/tags/v2.2.0 (stable version)
	nut/branches/Testing (which will become stable soon)
	nut/trunk (development version)

This is quite a bit of testing, so of you don't have the time, just say
so (don't feel bad about it, we understand).

Best regards, Arjen